Survivor: Malawi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confessionals

+3
Taro_Yuan
Felicity_Atkins
Wallace_Griffin
7 posters

Go down

Confessionals Empty Confessionals

Post  Wallace_Griffin Thu May 12, 2011 9:26 am

I feel bad always bumping up the Alice Hate thread...so I thought I'd start a separate thread about confessionals. Its hard to know if yours has been posted yet (I don't think mine has) but so far it seems to be:

Philip
Tai
Roger
Taro
Kiyle

Any thoughts? I think its pretty interesting to see what people are saying behind the scenes, but none of it was really surprising to me. I think most seemed to be playing the game I thought they would be.

Really interested in seeing the rest. Its kind of like watching the show, because you get a pretty good idea of what actually happened. Might make the reunion a little more interesting.
Wallace_Griffin
Wallace_Griffin

Back to top Go down

Confessionals Empty Re: Confessionals

Post  Felicity_Atkins Thu May 12, 2011 11:01 pm

I also love reading the confessionals. Roger's hatred for me in the game is very entertaining. I am rather eager to see everyone else's!

Who all is going to be at the reunion Sunday?!?!?
Felicity_Atkins
Felicity_Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post  Taro_Yuan Thu May 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Felicity_Atkins wrote:I also love reading the confessionals. Roger's hatred for me in the game is very entertaining. I am rather eager to see everyone else's!

Who all is going to be at the reunion Sunday?!?!?
Uhhh... isn't the Survivor RI finale on sunday night? or is the season that bad that everyone has forgotten about it? lol Very Happy

and yes these confessionals are a great read. Roger bashing Felicity confessional after confessional is especially funny... I know I asked Jeff to publicize all my confessionals, don't know if others will have to do same if you want yours to be made public domain as well?

Last edited by Taro_Yuan on Fri May 13, 2011 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Taro_Yuan
Taro_Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyle_Whitley Thu May 12, 2011 11:44 pm

taro has some lol confessionals
but just one correction - i didnt vote for Roger in his boot, i voted for Zayden
Kiyle_Whitley
Kiyle_Whitley

Back to top Go down

Post  Taro_Yuan Fri May 13, 2011 5:04 am

Kiyle_Whitley wrote:taro has some lol confessionals
but just one correction - i didnt vote for Roger in his boot, i voted for Zayden
I'm happy to hear my confessionals make you laugh...

At the time I didn't have a solid relationship with Alice yet, so I was on the fence as to who between you two had voted for Roger. But then both of you confirmed to me the way you had really voted, which panned out.
Taro_Yuan
Taro_Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roger_Hahn Fri May 13, 2011 6:09 am

Felicity_Atkins wrote:I also love reading the confessionals. Roger's hatred for me in the game is very entertaining. I am rather eager to see everyone else's!

Sorry Felicity!! You know it's ok now though. I was kinda mad and wanted to make things look more dramatic. Haha! And I'm not surprised about anybody else's confessional at this point. Kiyle did play very well, and I knew Taro hated me but I dodn't think it was so strong! haha! I don't know why being from the same city makes me a target but I guess it does! haha

I'm very eager to see Wallace, Alice and Felicity's confessionals in particular. They might be quite interesting!
Roger_Hahn
Roger_Hahn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyle_Whitley Fri May 13, 2011 6:41 am

im dying to see what Felicity said
and lol @ me and taro planning to take each other out after Diane, that would have been amazing
Kiyle_Whitley
Kiyle_Whitley

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallace_Griffin Fri May 13, 2011 9:12 am

I love the bitterness. Its cracks me up. Some people come across pretty hypocritical. I just love the idea "Yeah, I'm totally going to blindside them..." and then two days later "OH MY *Hate Speech*! I can't believe they blindsided me! Worst. Player. Ever. Never gonna get my vote."

I'm really waiting for mine to be revealed. Just so people can see more of my strategy. I don't know if it'll gain me any respect, but my confessionals will at least offend a couple people Smile

I'm also really interested in Felicity and Betsy. Really fascinated to see their thoughts as the game progressed.
Wallace_Griffin
Wallace_Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taro_Yuan Fri May 13, 2011 9:42 am

Wallace_Griffin wrote:I love the bitterness. Its cracks me up. Some people come across pretty hypocritical. I just love the idea "Yeah, I'm totally going to blindside them..." and then two days later "OH MY *Hate Speech*! I can't believe they blindsided me! Worst. Player. Ever. Never gonna get my vote."
Betsy would of gotten my vote if she managed to get to the finals. She made bold and risky moves and had a social game, though very lucky. No hypocrisy, I respect people who actually played the game thats all. Unless your confessionals dazzle me with brilliant decision making and an insightful social game, I stand by my decision. I just value certain attributes on survivor over others, thats all.

You did what you had to do to get to the end, I respect you for that. I just don't appreciate the path you took to get there. You didn't persuade me with your FTC performance either, and thats why you didn't get my vote. Enough said.
Taro_Yuan
Taro_Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Adán_Aguilar Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 am

Anyone who is interested in their confessionals being made public can supposedly PM admin about it.
Adán_Aguilar
Adán_Aguilar

Back to top Go down

Post  Taro_Yuan Tue May 17, 2011 2:20 am

Has everyone gone comatose or have you all fallen into a hypnotic trance? Smile

Its just that this place has turned into a ghost town as of recently. I even shot a few of you some pm's to check for vitals but..... nothing....

Rumour has it their are people here who are embarrassed to have their confessionals revealed, the least I can do is address issues you guys have raised regarding mine.

Roger_Hahn wrote:I knew Taro hated me but I didn't think it was so strong! haha! I don't know why being from the same city makes me a target but I guess it does! hahaha
I've already told you I threw you under bus because you and Kyile were the two people I needed gone so that I could get the alliance that I wanted. You two were the most influential people so I needed you guys out. As for me saying that "you oooze with creepiness" and have "superficial charm", you even admitted to me post game that you were only using me for my vote and so never considered me an ally. I picked up on this, I played the "stupid card" with you for you to think I was on your side just to take you out next tribal. Plan worked!
Kiyle_Whitley wrote:
lol @ me and taro planning to take each other out after Diane, that would have been amazing
Yes I was looking forward to this, but you know what I'm pretty sure I had the numbers on my side to take you out, people on your own tribe were already getting wary of you and were ready to take you out then and there, though we'll never know for sure, I guess.

Wallace_Griffin wrote:I love the bitterness. Its cracks me up. Some people come across pretty hypocritical. I just love the idea "Yeah, I'm totally going to blindside them..." and then two days later "OH MY *Hate Speech*! I can't believe they blindsided me! Worst. Player. Ever. Never gonna get my vote."
Wallace dude, its not a blindside if I was going to tell you to your face: "Wallace, I picked up a bad vibe from you on day 1, that feeling has never wavered, so tonight I'm siding with the people I like, and I'm voting you out of here". I never made you any promises, just that I wanted tombuka to make it as far as possible in the game, I kept my end of the bargain. You on the other hand told me: "tombuka final 3", so who's the hypocrite?

You made one good move all game, where in reality it was all Betsy's doing. Whereas Alice made a series of good decisions ever since her return. Alice played a far superior social and strategic game then both Betsy and Felicity, she only lost because of the RI returnee stigma, and because the Florida threesome got jealous of the last female standing and didn't want her to win... cough, cough... scratch

Btw Adan your sarcasm is pure gold, I nominate Adan and my confessionals as the most funny and humourous ones...

"There comes a point where you have to in this "game" survivor, where it becomes where do you draw the line between, I'm gonna call this a "game" where in actuality its a direct reflection of your life, of who you are, and as much as we can cope out so to speak as say this a "game", for me the experience was much different then that." Grant Mattos Survivor RI Reunion 15.05.2011

Taro_Yuan
Taro_Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Felicity_Atkins Tue May 17, 2011 3:30 am

I was not remotely jealous of Alice, I told you repeatedly why I wasn’t voting for her but your ridiculous and random hatred for Wallace kept you from seeing who the better player was.

Alos, my social and strategic game was better: this I know because I would have won against either one of them according to Ponderosa.

Btw, I told the Admin to post some of my confessionals, idk what is taking so long....

Thank *Hate Speech* RI is over.
Felicity_Atkins
Felicity_Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post  Taro_Yuan Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 am

Well first off all I do not hate Wallace, he did what he had to do to get to the end. Secondly, he still fails demonstrate how he had any strategic or social game at all, all he did was ride Betsy's coattails and got lucky. If he's so in the loop, then why did he vote for Diane the night Adan went home?

Adan tells me the only reason he voted for him is because he's against the whole RI concept. The only argument you gave me was that "he defied you" and displayed "confidence" at FTC, really? many seem to agree that Alice smoked him at FTC and that he actually came off as arrogant.

As for your social game goes, its a close call between you and Alice, but I think its your immunity prowess that gives you the edge for jury votes and not your social game. As for your strategic component, considering that the person who finds a HII generally makes it to the finals, while you didn't, just comes to illustrate the blunder you pulled off is far worse than the JT-Russell incident. JT at least has the excuse that he didn't know who Russell was. You on the other hand knew that both Betsy and Wallace wanted you gone next, you were in the majority power alliance and willingly gave up the most lethal weapon (HII) in this game for what? to preserve a jury vote from Alice? sorry but that logic is quite laughable.

Why on earth would you trust Betsy to execute a favor for you? she'd been the most untrustworthy and unloyal person this entire game. Sorry, but you just don't have a credible argument against this. I think the facts speak for themselves.

I would love to hear what others think about this, because you and I will obviously never see this in the same light.

Yes RI is over, but we now unfortunately await Survivor RI "South Pacific" with two returning castaways, please not again!
Taro_Yuan
Taro_Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallace_Griffin Tue May 17, 2011 5:19 am

First of all Taro, that comment about bitterness isn't necessarily directed towards you. I was actually referring to another player, but I think that it goes the same with a lot people who ended up on the jury.

Alice played a far superior social and strategic game then both Betsy and Felicity, she only lost because of the RI returnee stigma, and because the Florida threesome got jealous of the last female standing and didn't want her to win... cough, cough...

I'll have to disagree with that. Nothing against Alice, but I think Betsy and Felicity played a far better strategic game (and I think they played one better than myself, too).

Also, while I can understand why you don't like me, I don't really understand the Felicity hate. Clearly Felicity would have won against anyone. Not that she would have gotten all of the votes, I think some people would not have voted her just out of jealousy. Felicity was playing the game all of us Survivor fanboys wanted to play and I think the reason people are pissed was because she wasn't hiding her gameplay and she almost got to the end. I just got annoyed because it seemed as though no one was going to stop her, and people were fine with just letting her get to the end.

Secondly, he still fails demonstrate how he had any strategic or social game at all, all he did was ride Betsy's coattails and got lucky. If he's so in the loop, then why did he vote for Diane the night Adan went home?

Well I've asked the Admin to release my confessionals, hopefully that will give some more insight into my game. I realize that I didn't have the strongest social game, but what always made me laugh was everyone being like "Oh Wallace, you never spoke one single word to me." On the flip side...none of those people talked to me either. So I think instead we deal with these huge egos on the jury that all of a sudden are like "Wallace never talked to ME?! Surely he can't win this game if he didn't approach me." Having conversations with people is a two way street. I came into the merge on the outside and I worked my way into a core group of people who were calling the shots. Since part of my strategy was to be LOYAL (which is why Felicity trusted Betsy and I enough to let us use the idol) I couldn't go around talking to everyone.

And yes, I can see why I was perceived as riding coattails. While I couldn't have won this game without Betsy, I don't think Betsy would have gotten as far without me.

And yes I voted for Diane when Adan was voted off, but that day I wasn't available and sent my vote in early. Thats when everything changed before Tribal and it came down to Adan or myself.

I never claimed I played an extremely great social and strategic game, but I played enough to win, and had a far more better understanding of what was going on than what you did, Taro.

At this point I believe that I am in complete control of the game, and no one even realizes it.

That was said right before you were voted off.
Wallace_Griffin
Wallace_Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice_Hodge Tue May 17, 2011 5:36 am

Why does every thread always end up as another hate thread about me?
Alice_Hodge
Alice_Hodge

Back to top Go down

Post  Felicity_Atkins Tue May 17, 2011 7:29 am

Taro, this is the last time I will attempt to explain this to you:

I voted for Wallace because not only had he never been voted out, stood up for what he believed in, and was making bold decisions with Betsy in the game, but when you look at Alice’s answers at FTC, they don’t add up. Single handedly, they kick-ass, but by the end of tribal it was clear she was just making up whatever she needed to in order to secure votes.

Also, being as at the time Betsy and Wallace had no intentions of voting me out, Betsy and I had been working together under the table, I didn’t want to have to choose between you or Alice in a final three sitch, and the fact that I was a challenge beast, giving the idol to Betsy was not the dumbest move in Survivor history.

And regardless of why other people voted for Wallace, he got the majority of the votes, meaning the majority of the players thought he was a better player. End of story.
Felicity_Atkins
Felicity_Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post  Taro_Yuan Tue May 17, 2011 7:52 am

You really didn't have to explain anything more, I understand why you did what you did. I just think you made things a hell of lot more complicated for yourself, and I just wanted to see the people that I aligned with succeed, thats all.

I never truly aligned with Wallace or Betsy since from early on they both struck my as highly manipulative, insincere, distant and deceitful (their game play at least). I don't surround myself with people like that in real life nor would I do so here. My fault for thinking I could play survivor, develop meaningful relationships with people and preserve some sort of ethical integrity. Like I've stated in my confessionals, I truly did set myself up for failure.

"There comes a point where you have to in this "game" survivor, when it becomes where do you draw the line between, I'm gonna call this a "game" when in actuality its a direct reflection of your life, of who you are, and as much as we can cope out so to speak as say this a "game", for me the experience was much different then that." Grant Mattos Survivor RI Reunion 15.05.2011

and yes I have man-crush on Grant and would go on bro-date with him in a heartbeat....
Taro_Yuan
Taro_Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Taro_Yuan Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 am

Wallace_Griffin wrote: I never claimed I played an extremely great social and strategic game, but I played enough to win, and had a far more better understanding of what was going on than what you did, Taro.

At this point I believe that I am in complete control of the game, and no one even realizes it.

That was said right before you were voted off.

Agreed, I played to have satisfactory outcome to the season, not necessarily to have a Taro win.

As for the quote, let me clarify. In an earlier confessional I state something like "only the HII can get in my way now". Truth is from the moment Jeff told us what the answer to the HII clue was, I knew Felicty had it (she'll understand why). I always knew Felcity was withholding information from me because whenever I would raise the issue of the HII she would often be evasive or not even address the issue when answering a pm. Which told me she didn't really want to talk about. Deep down I'd like to think its because she didn't enjoy lying to my face.

In addition whenever I would ask both Betsy and Felicity information about their relationship they would give me inconsistent information, so I was always wary of some sort girl-power alliance to manifest.

Though I always felt like Felicity would never turn on me before the final 3, no matter what. I thought she realized that Alice would be her best choice to take to finals, winning seemed to mean a lot to her, I would of been ok with finishing 3rd. Given that I knew Felicity had the HII and that she wouldn't turn on me before final 3, is why I felt I was in very comfortable position. Complete control is definitely not the right choice of words, when u don't have immunity around your neck you're never in complete control.
Taro_Yuan
Taro_Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyle_Whitley Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 am

Taro_Yuan wrote:
Kiyle_Whitley wrote:
lol @ me and taro planning to take each other out after Diane, that would have been amazing
Yes I was looking forward to this, but you know what I'm pretty sure I had the numbers on my side to take you out, people on your own tribe were already getting wary of you and were ready to take you out then and there, though we'll never know for sure, I guess.

based on what I knew before my boot I think I could get Niel, Zayden & Alice easily. Felicity I'd have to have a long talk with her and if I could get Felicity she could get Betsy who could then get Wallace and we'd all vote you off. Provided they'd want to vote u out anyway

but if im wrong about that then eh
Kiyle_Whitley
Kiyle_Whitley

Back to top Go down

Post  Taro_Yuan Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Kiyle_Whitley wrote:
Taro_Yuan wrote:
Kiyle_Whitley wrote:

based on what I knew before my boot I think I could get Niel, Zayden & Alice easily. Felicity I'd have to have a long talk with her and if I could get Felicity she could get Betsy who could then get Wallace and we'd all vote you off. Provided they'd want to vote u out anyway

but if im wrong about that then eh
I don't think Felicity wants to be put in a situation where she reveals that type of information, even though she was merciless to myself and Alice she does have a heart and was concerned about hurting people's feelings, I think... but what do I know
Taro_Yuan
Taro_Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyle_Whitley Tue May 17, 2011 10:16 pm

lolwut
if she could vote for Niel, Diane, and Zayden with no problem what makes you so different? Felicity could just say she was pressured into voting for you and didnt want to go against the majority
Kiyle_Whitley
Kiyle_Whitley

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice_Hodge Wed May 18, 2011 4:02 am

I did not make up ANYTHING jsyk
Alice_Hodge
Alice_Hodge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content