Survivor: Malawi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confessional #9

2 posters

Go down

Confessional #9 Empty Confessional #9

Post  Admin Fri May 06, 2011 10:17 pm

1. What are your thoughts on making it to the final 2?

2. Is there anybody you wish could have made it this far with you?

3. What was your biggest obstacle to get here?

4. What was the one move you believe got you here?

5. What do you believe the jury will ask you?

6. Can you win?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://survivormalawi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Confessional #9 Empty Re: Confessional #9

Post  Wallace_Griffin Fri May 06, 2011 11:02 pm

1. I'm so pumped to be in the Final 2. Its funny looking back at my first confessional I said I would be either the first one out or I'd make it to the end. Ironically, I was one of the first people targeted on my tribe, but I wasn't voted out and I made it as far as I could on my own.

2. I wish Betsy had made it to the Final 3. I still don't know if I would have taken her to the Final 2, but that would have guaranteed one us would have been at the end. My biggest worry yesterday was that it was going to be Felicity and Alice at the end and Felicity would have won the game without a doubt.

3. This might sound cocky, but I really can't think of any moment where I really struggled to secure a place for myself. I always knew what was going down at Tribal aside from when Adan tried to blindside me (which I wasn't active during) and I didn't find out until after about the Kiyle blindside. Other than those two, I always felt safe. I was always on the right end of the vote. Towards the end I just started setting myself up to ensure I was Final 3/Final 2.

4. First and foremost, making an alliance with Betsy. That might not be a move the jury respects but I knew Betsy was perhaps the smartest player here. She had a strategy similar to mine, but hers was a little more extreme. I didn't want to come across as a good player, or someone who was dangerous. She did the same thing, but instead created this ghetto persona. So I knew she was someone I wanted on my side. I worked with her, told her what an amazing player she was, whispered sweet nothings into her ear, and as a result she trusted me and we became a pretty powerful force. I did the same thing with Felicity. I played their lap dog, told them what great players they were and how I wanted to remain loyal to the end because I respected their games more than anyone else. And it was true, I did respect them, but I wasn't going to ever hand Felicity the game. When it came to the end of the game, Betsy and I turned on Felicity and I vocally made her my target in front of the jury. Hopefully by gaining Felicity's trust and then stabbing her in the back I'll gain the support of jury members that she did the same to.

Overall I think the biggest move would be taking out Diane and not voting with Betsy. Even though Alice ended up forcing a tie I knew that it would still put me in the Final 3 because Betsy and Felicity would be the main targets. Had I voted out Alice I would have lost her vote and from my talks with Diane I really didn't trust her at all. So I think that moving, going against my original alliance (Betsy) set me up perfectly for the endgame.

5. I think every jury question will probably contain the word "coat tails." And thats for both Alice and I. Honestly, I'm fine with admitting that at points in this game I did ride coat tails. I'm not ashamed of it. I knew from the very beginning of this game that EVERYONE wanted to be a strategic player and be the one "calling the shots." I mean look you had Felicity, Betsy, Kiyle, Roger, Adan, Taro...all people who were always playing the game by making deals and talking with everyone. Those people were going to target each other. So for me laying low and playing stupid worked. I knew that I would get to play the game at the end. And thats really the only part of the game that matters. I won immunity 3 times and I was constantly at the top. And they can't side that I played extremely UTR because I was targeted the first couple tribals.

At the Final Tribal I'm not going to claim that I was the mastermind. I'm going to be honest. No, I wasn't deciding who was going to go home every single time, but for the most part I did know who was going. I was constantly safe and behind the scenes I played through other players (Betsy, Felicity, Taro, and then later Alice) to ensure that I was at the end.

6. Not sure yet. I've been playing a game that will solely get me to the end. I don't really have any friends on the jury, except maybe Betsy. I'll plead my case and hopefully they will see that although I didn't play the best game I played far better than Alice ever did. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that a lot of people won't respect Alice's game. Either way, I think its going to be close.
Wallace_Griffin
Wallace_Griffin

Back to top Go down